- Do you believe God has given us commandments and principles concerning voting in the Bible?
- Are you committed to obeying those commands regarding voting?
- Do you believe we should obey God and leave the consequences of our obedience to him?
- Do you choose candidates first on Biblical principles and only secondarily on pragmatic concerns?
- Do you believe the Bible provides qualifications for civil rulers?
- Would you like to see the church of Jesus Christ speak with one voice?
- A civil ruler should be a male born in this country.
- A civil ruler should have a basic understanding of law of God and the US Constitution. While many evils in our land can’t be eradicated in one term, his solutions should apply Biblical wisdom so as to bring the wheel over more evil and increase the number of well doers who are encouraged and rewarded consistent with enumerated powers in the Constitution.
- A civil ruler should speak the truth. This means he will call abortion and unjust war, murder; homosexual fornication, sin, and fractional reserve banking and tax based welfare, theft. It also means he will warn the people that the practice of these sins will bring God’s wrath on the land.
- A civil ruler must be capable, having demonstrated the ability to successfully rule one or more organizations.
- A qualified candidate will not be without weaknesses. David, Hezekiah, and Josiah are all called good kings by God. Yet significant sins are recorded of each of them.
The goal is not to debate who is the "best" possible candidate. The goal is to find a candidate who meets the prescribed qualifications and is willing to accept the responsibility of ruling. Any candidate, meeting the legal requirements for office, for whom people are able to vote is electable. Whether or not the majority of people in a wicked land would ever be willing to vote for such a person is really irrelevant to our duty of choosing qualified men to rule.
|Wooden Ballot box used in the northeast US c1870|